Monday, August 27, 2012

Prayers for Day One

Drew,
Happy first day of grad school, my man! It's impossible for me to put into words how proud I am of you. You have worked harder than anyone I know, and I'm confident that your performance will continue to be top notch in this new environment. The Lord has provided you with such intellect, drive, and interpersonal skills that I know you'll be phenomenal.

 I have prayed for you all morning long, the culmination of three months of requests that the Lord would see you both mentally and spiritually prepared for this step. I prayed that your nerves were stifled and your slacks were ironed. I prayed that you'd be in this for the acquisition of both knowledge and experience. I prayed that you'll learn a lot about taking care of others while remembering to take time for yourself. I prayed that you'll remember where you started, but to never take your eyes off the future. More than anything, I prayed that you'll pray; pray about class, about work, about your dreams. Pray for your family and pray for me, that we'll all keep blooming even though we're planted in different places. Pray for your new classmates, that they'll flourish, too. And pray that you'll all learn from one another, so that at the end of two years you'll have picked up a lot more than textbook knowledge.

 I'll be here to cheer you on during every test and every long night with your books. I love you so much, and I can't wait to hear all about your first day!

"Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment